March 09, 2016
We make candles, so sweet smelling homes are our business. We are also aware that short of purchasing 20+ Nathalie Bond Organics candles sometimes you just need to freshen up your house from top to toe in a quick, cheap and easy way. With warmer months on the horizon and spring cleaning appearing on the to-do list, we’ve listed some of our favourite natural solutions to a musty-scented home.
1. Head to the hob and create a simmer pot. A super simple one is just boiling half a saucepan of water with a few caps of vanilla essence, but if you are feeling more adventurous a mixture of sliced orange and lemon, cinnamon sticks and cloves will do the trick.
2. Baking is also a good idea. If you are not Delia Smith or haven’t got enough time to bake an apple pie, you can drop a couple of caps of essential oil in a mug or an ovenproof dish and leave for a few hours until every corner of your home smells delightful. You could also bake a few oranges if you fancied it too.
3. If you think your furniture could do with a quick spruce up, just mix one tablespoon of baking soda with 3 drops of essential oil and some distilled water. Mix up the baking soda and the essential oil, and funnel into a spray bottle. Finally, add the water and shake well. Head to your sofa and fresh smelling furniture will be yours.
4. It would be neglectful of us, if we didn’t mention the range of organic scented candles we make by hand. Handmade with entirely natural ingredients, Nathalie Bond Organics candles and infused with nature’s best fragrances. So, whether you want your lounge to smell of a Scandinavian forest or a rose garden, we’ve got you covered.
5. An old jam jar can be pretty handy when it comes to air fresheners. Pop half a cup of baking soda and 4-6 drops of essential oil in a small jar and stretch some fabric over the top. Then place it in your car or anywhere in your home for an air freshener that just needs updating with a few additional drops of essential oil every few weeks.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
December 08, 2017
November 23, 2017
June 01, 2017
Join our newsletter to receive 15% off your first order and always be first to know about exclusive offers and news!